Join the Team!
19 Mar 2021
Collective Architecture is an award winning, employee owned, practice with 50 colleagues, ordinarily working across our two studios in Glasgow and Edinburgh. We work within many sectors, primarily in Scotland, and are a socially responsible practice involved in the design of housing (predominantly social), community and cultural buildings, learning and enterprise buildings, conservation, and strategic master planning.
Collective Architecture is looking to recruit a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced architect to join our team. We are specifically looking to recruit an experienced Project Architect for one of the phases of the prestigious Victoria redevelopment project, to the edge of Queen’s Park, Langside, Glasgow, namely The Park Pavilions incorporating 153 flats for private sale.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the role of job running architect, working as part of a wider project team. The role will involve working up further stages of the Building Warrant to all 5 blocks, detailing steel frame buildings, co-ordinating all design team drawings and working closely with the construction team on site. The candidate will also work as part of one of the 3 wider teams within the Glasgow studio, and may be called to work on other projects to meet deadlines. A minimum of 6 years post part 3 experience is preferred, and the successful candidate will need to have an excellent fluency in Revit and understand how to communicate BIM principles to clients and contractors alike.
- A preferred minimum of 6 years post part 3 experience (working in a UK architectural practice preferably).
- Extensive experience in residential projects
- Thorough demonstrable knowledge of technical construction and detailing, being completely proficient in Revit.
- Excellent design skills, creative flair, and presentation ability
- Excellent communication and confidence in dealing with clients
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues and other consultants
- Good understanding of Planning policies and Building Regulations
This vacancy is offered on a full time, permanent basis in our Glasgow studio. The studio is operating in compliance with Covid-19 guidelines, which currently requires working from home and taking some journeys to site as and when needed.
Applying - If you are interested in the role, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title – Architect Job Application.
- covering letter explaining your suitability for the role described
- a CV clearly setting out your qualifications and experience
- a portfolio illustrating your work and demonstrating the skills set out above. Please explain your role on the projects you include (max 10MB)
We are seeking a talented individual who is available to interview and start a new role at short notice. The salary on offer will be in accordance with Collective Architecture’s open pay scale. Collective Architecture offers a number of other benefits, including pension contributions and flexible working, which we provide further information about at interview stage, or in advance if required.
Collective Architecture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. By signing up to the RIBA Inclusion Charter we commit to making architecture more inclusive. Collecting data is crucial to ensure our compliance with our equal opportunities statement. Our equal opportunities monitoring form can be downloaded here. You are under no obligation whatsoever to complete this form if you do not wish to do so. If you do complete it, thank you for your assistance in doing so.
Closing date for applications will be 12pm on
Wednesday the 31st of March.